The aim of our courses is to make you feel more confident about how to get the best out of the media opportunities available, and to be able to cope with tricky interviews should the occasion arise. What sets Media Training Associates apart is that our support doesn’t end when the course finishes. All participants get access to our unique client area, with a whole library of follow-up tips and articles, and a workbook which acts as your personalised ‘interview preparation kit’. Our aim is to give you ‘complete media confidence’ on a continuing basis.
With our highly experienced team we can tailor each course to meet your specific requirements, for instance covering press and tv, press and radio, or tv and radio. We can put on half-day or full-day courses at your own premises, with or without a separate cameraman, or at extra cost, using a small TV studio in central London.
All include lots of scope for individual interviews and feedback—for this reason, we normally limit the numbers on a full-day course to four, and the numbers on a half-day course to three. Of course full days allow more time for additional interview practice.
As well as giving you plenty of individual interview practice and feedback, our media training courses will tell you:
- what is news? How journalists think and what they are looking for
- how to make journalists more interested in what you have to say
- techniques to ensure you get your key points across effectively
- on and off the record
- dealing with difficult questions
- what makes a good broadcast interviewee
- the questions you MUST ask before you do any radio or TV interview
- how to prepare effectively
- more effective use of language and examples
- what to expect in the studio and beyond
Course costs vary according to course duration, location and the facilities required. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8746 1634 to discuss your specific requirements, or if you have a larger group of people that need to be trained. Please note we do not run ‘open courses’ on specific dates, all our training is tailored to specific small groups or individuals.