Due to the effects of Covid-19 a large number of people are being forced to work from home. This means that many of our clients are unable to go ahead with the usual face-to-face media or presentation skills coaching, and have asked us whether it is possible to carry out realistic training via video conference. So we have now introduced three online coaching offers at special affordable rates, although we have now resumed face-to-face training where clients can provide a suitable Covid-safe environment.
1. HALF-DAY SMALL GROUP MEDIA TRAINING
While in our view the face-to-face training experience will always be preferable – it’s very hard to replicate the real feel of a TV interview with full-scale feedback for example – there is a lot that we can cover in a fully interactive small-group virtual session. For instance, we can go through all the key training points and conduct realistic print-media type interviews or presentations. We can also give radio interview or remote TV interview practice – which is how many are currently being carried out, for example via Skype. In other words, we can still equip your teams with the key communication skills they need, for now and in the future.
So for the duration of the current emergency, for those unable to take part in our usual courses – we can offer a half-day “Self Isolation Special”. This can be carried out as a small-group or 1:1 media training or presentation coaching course via easy-to-use video technology. All that is required for participants is to have access to a good broadband connection and an up-to-date, reasonably fast webcam-enabled Windows or Mac laptop.
In this special fully interactive session, tailored to your requirements, we can cover:
- What journalists are looking for – understanding the ‘media mindset’
- How to come up with a good story, and a good quote
- Effective preparation for the interview
- Getting your message across – smart ‘bridging’ techniques
- How to deal with difficult questions
- TV and radio do’s and don’ts
PRACTICAL: ‘print media’ interview practice and feedback, and ‘remote TV’ guidelines, practice and feedback and/or radio interview practice.
2. SPECIAL SHORT ONE-TO-ONE ZOOM COACHING
An affordable, intensive 1 to 1.5 hour coaching session which can cover a variety of areas according to specific needs, such as:
- Making your Zoom calls more effective – style, impact, empathy, etc
- Sharpening up your messaging for internal and external audiences
- Communicating difficult messages in the current situation
3. REMOTE PRESENTATION COACHING
Tailored to the skill and experience level of participants, here we can cover:
- Key techniques to improve the impact of your presentation
- How to structure an effective narrative
- Engaging your audience
- Coaching on improving content as well as delivery
- Improving your visual aids and banishing dull slides – and much more.
PRACTICAL: we can record your presentation remotely and play back for appropriate feedback.
TO SET UP A 10-MINUTE CALL WITH COURSE DIRECTOR TOM MADDOCKS TO DISCUSS HOW WE CAN TAILOR A SESSION FOR YOU: Call us on 020 8746 1634 or email Laura at info at mediatrainingassociates.co.uk