Many of our clients are currently working from home for at least some of the time, so for those who are unable to attend face-to-face training, we are now able to offer all our training options remotely, at attractive rates. Three special online coaching offers are available.
1. SMALL GROUP MEDIA TRAINING
While the face-to-face training experience will always be preferable, there is a lot that we can cover in a fully interactive small-group virtual session, which we carry out via Zoom or Webex. For instance, we can go through all the key training points and conduct realistic print-media type interviews or presentations. We can also give radio interview or remote TV interview practice with video feedback. In other words, we can still equip your teams with the key com-munication skills they need, for now and in the future.
The half-day (3-hr) remote session can be carried out as a small-group or one-to-one media training or presentation coaching course, for up to three people. A full-day session is suitable for groups of up to four or five. All that is required for participants is to have access to a good broadband connection and an up-to-date, reasonably fast webcam-enabled Windows or Mac laptop.
In these special fully interactive sessions, tailored to your requirements, we can cover:
- What journalists are looking for – understanding the ‘media mindset’
- How to come up with a good story, and a good quote
- Effective preparation for the interview
- Getting your message across – smart ‘bridging’ techniques
- How to deal with difficult questions
- TV and radio do’s and don’ts
PRACTICAL: ‘print media’ interview practice and feedback, and ‘remote TV’ guidelines, practice and feedback and/or radio interview practice.
2. REMOTE PRESENTATION COACHING or PITCH COACHING
Tailored to the skill and experience level of participants, we can cover:
- The techniques to improve the impact of your presentation
- Key differences between a remote presentation and face-to-face
- How to structure an effective narrative
- Engaging your audience
- How to make a remote pitch work
- Coaching on improving content as well as delivery
- Improving your visual aids and banishing dull slides
PRACTICAL: we can record your presentation remotely and play back for appropriate feedback.
3. SPECIAL SHORT ONE-TO-ONE ZOOM COACHING
An affordable, intensive 1 to 1.5 hour coaching session for one person which can be focused in a number of ways according to specific needs, such as:
- Media or presentation skills refresher
- Preparation for a specific forthcoming interview or pitch/presentation
- Better internal communication – making your Zoom/Webex/Teams meetings more effective – style, impact, empathy, etc.
- Sharpening up your messaging for internal and external audiences
- Communicating difficult messages in the current situation
TO SET UP A 10-MINUTE CALL WITH COURSE DIRECTOR TOM MADDOCKS TO DISCUSS HOW WE CAN TAILOR A SESSION FOR YOU: Call us on 020 8746 1634 or email Laura at email@example.com.